Ethos, Mission, Values and Vision
Moving forward together
In Christ, we are moving forward together with the children at the centre of all that we do. As a school community, we live out the Gospel values of loving God and our neighbour every day.
Our School Values:
- Joyful in our faith
- Aspirational in our learning
- Confident in being me
- Caring in our hearts.
Our Vision is for St John’s to strive every day to be a Catholic school where:
- We live out our values to be joyful, aspirational, confident and caring in all aspects of school life from the playground to governor meetings.
- Labels are removed so nobody limits themselves or others, celebrating diversity and differences as well as building community and unity of purpose.
- High academic standards are achieved through an engaging, rigorous, broad and tailored curriculum that meets the needs and potential of all our children.
- Children take responsibility for their own learning and show a thirst for knowledge and understanding.
- Parents and carers are engaged in the educational ethos and community life of the school
- Staff have opportunities to grow together professionally and alongside peers in other local and Catholic schools as we move towards academisation.
- We are known in our parish of St John’s and our town of Horsham as a school that is joyful, aspirational, confident and caring.
We do all this so that children leave St John’s in Year 6 prepared for the next step of their educational journey and well on their way to becoming young global citizens.